|Tina Herbert||Preschool Coordinator||Tina.Herbert@besd.net||ext. 1163|
We are a Public & Special Education Preschool run by the Box Elder School District. We are located throughout the district in four elementary schools: Fielding Elementary, McKinley Elementary, Discovery Elementary, and Willard Elementary. We serve children with special needs and typically developing (mainstream) children ages 3-5. Our program provides an individualized, fun and structured environment that strengthens each child's speech, language, math, physical, literacy, social, and emotional skills. The program follows a research based curriculum designed to prepare children to enter elementary school.
- For more information, contact:
- Willard Elementary- Secretary Heidi Ivie 435-734-4934
- Discovery Elementary- Secretary Sandy Doutre 435-734-4910
- McKinley Elementary- Secretary Tina Herbert 435-257-2590
- Fielding Elementary- Secretary Jeriann Stevenson 435-458-2700
Children with Special Needs
Are you concerned about your child's developmental progress?
Do you feel that they might be behind with their speech, developmental progress or social skills?
As part of Child Find we conduct testing on a monthly basis during the school year to identify children who qualify for special education services. Contact the individual school your child would attend (see map) or Preschool Coordinator AshLee Nelson at 435-744-2468 to set up a testing date.
Children who qualify for special education services at the ELC attend without tuition payments and will receive district transportation.
Are you interested in having your child attend our preschool as a tuition student? Students need to be between 3-5 years old and be potty trained during the day (is in underwear with infrequent accidents).
Please contact the individual school your child would attend (see map) or Preschool Coordinator AshLee Nelson at 435-744-2468 to be determine if there is available space in the classrooms, or to put on a waiting list.
- Contact Preschool Coordinator AshLee Nelson
(435) 744-2468 to add your child to the waiting list
- When openings become available you will
Student Tuition Schedule
- 2 days per week(Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday)
- Morning classes- 9:00-11:30 am
- Afternoon classes- 12:45-3:15 pm
- Tuition is $70 per month
- Full Year tuition paid by September 30, 10% discount
- BESD Employees—20% discount
- District transportation is not provided